Make-up Air Equipment, Unit Heaters & Infra-RedTube Heaters
What Is Make-up Air?
Make-up air is the air required to maintain safe and effective building operation by replacing exhausted air.In simple terms, when there is an exhaust fan in a building, exhausted air must be replaced from outside,either through the cracks and openings in a building, or through a make-up air unit.
What Is a Make-up Air Unit?
A make-up unit is a unit whose principle function is to introduce outside air into a building. This air is generally conditioned, in other words, heated, cooled, humidified, dehumidified or filtered. Any combinations of the five conditions may be used, or it could be just an air moving device.
How Can You tell If You Need A Make-up Air Unit??
When you go to a doctor because your body systems are not funtioning properly, the first question he will ask you is "what are your symptoms?' To determine if a building needs make-up air, look for the following symptons:
1. Gravity systems, such as vent stacks from a gas fired furnace or water heater that normally draw air from the building are putting outside air into the building.
2. Exhaust systems are not exhausting air in the quantities they are designed to. This results in a build-up of contaminated air within the space.
3. The perimeter of the building is cold, due to infitration.
4. Severe drafts coming through the cracks around doors and windows.
5. Outside doors are hard to open or close, due to air trying to come into the building through them.
6. It is hard to maintain an even temperature throughout the building or space.
What Will A Make-up Air Unit do for the building??
1. Allow the exhaust systems to operate the way they should.
2. Eliminate drafts by preventing infiltration.
3. Allow you to control the conditions of the air coming from outside into the building, such as filtering, cooling, heating, etc.
4. Save on the fuel bills if a direct-fired unit is used because of the differeence in efficiency between that and a normal heating system.
5. Control pressures in building or areas to:
Alleviate problems in opening or closing doors.
Prevent contaminants or odors from traveling to different areas of the building.
6. Permit the use of a heat recovery unit in the
ICT proudly provides Weather-Rite Air Handling Equipment. Weather-Rite is the industry leader of make-up air equipment
Direct Fired Air Make-up
In-Direct Fired Airmake-up
Gas Fired Units
Air Turnover Units